Tuesday 6 March 2012


All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson

SUNDAY, MARCH 4, 2012

Who's Buying Paintings These Days?


If you paint a lot, as I do, the paintings eventually start pushing up the rafters. You either have to sell them, give them away, or burn them. I prefer to sell mine, since that fills the bank account so I can make more paintings. But sell them to whom?

I suspect most of my paintings either go to other painters or to my students, or to older people who have always bought paintings and still have the funds to continue to do so. I suspect that the paintings aren't going to twenty-somethings fresh out of college burdened by hefty school loans. I have some other thoughts on the matter, which I will discuss in a future post.

I've put together a little survey I'd love for you to take. Your responses will help me discover who's buying today. The survey is here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LNYJDWB

No comments:

Post a Comment